Senior Consultant, Orthopaedic Surgeon
Fellow, Academy of Medicine, Singapore
Fellow, American College of Surgeons
Fellow, Royal College of Surgeons (FRCSEd) (Orth)
MBBS (S’pore), MRCS (Edin), MMED (Orth), FRCS (Edin), FAMS (Orth, S’pore), FACS (US)
Dual fellowship-trained orthopaedic surgeon
Stanford Hospital, Stanford University, California, USA
Nuffield Orthopaedic centre, Oxford University, UK
Over 30 articles published in peer reviewed medical journals
1. Lim CT, Hee H T. Stem Cell Therapy in Orthopaedic Surgery. Advances in Orthopaedics 2010; 2(3): 81-7
2. Tan K J, Lim C T, A Lim. Outcome in Muscle-flap Salvage of Infected Exposed Internal Fixation Hardware. J Bone Joint Surg Br. 2010 Mar; 92(3): 401-5
3. Hee H T, Ismail, Lim C T, James Goh C H, Wong H K. Effects of Bone Marrow Mesenchymal Stem Cell Implantation, Disc Distraction and Combined Therapy on Reversing Intervertebral Disc Degeneration. J Bone Joint Surg Br. 2010 May; 9(5): 726-36
4. Lim CT, Tan K J, Ang K C. Clinical Stability and Outcome of Supplementing Tibial Fixation with a Staple for ACL Reconstruction Using Hamstring Tendons. Current Orthopaedic Practice. 2009 Nov/Dec; 20 (6): 660-664
5. Lim C T, Hee H T, G Liu. Traumatic Spondylolisthesis of the Lumbar Spine: A Report of 3 Cases. Journal of Orthopaedic Surgery. 2009 Dec; 17(3): 361-5
6. Lim C T, Tan K J, Fareed K, Ang K C. Implant Infection caused by Dermatits: a Report of Two Cases. Journal of Orthopaedic Surgery. 2007 Dec; 15 (3): 365-7
7. Lim C T, Wong S C, Chuah Y S, Putti T C, Stanley A J, Nathan S S. The Patella as an Unusual Site of Renal Cell Carcinoma Metastasis.Singapore Medical Journal. 2007 Dec; 48 (12): e314-9
8. Lim C T, Wong S C, Chuah Y S, Putti T C, Stanley A J, Nathan S S. Renal Cell Carcinoma Bony Metastasis Treatment. Annals, Academy of Medicine, Singapore. 2008 Mar; 37(3): 247-2
9. Setiobudi T, Ng Y H, Lim C T, Shen L, Lee K, Das De S. Clinical Outcome following Treatment of Stable and Unstable Intertrochanteric Fractures with Dynamic Hip Screw. Annals, Academy of Medicine, Singapore. 2011 Nov; 40 (11): 482-6
10. Lim C T, Setiobudi T, Das De S. Femoral Canal Obliteration in Proximal Femoral Shaft Fracture Secondary to Prolonged Alendronate Use: A Mimicker of Osteopetrosis? Journal of Orthopaedic Surgery. 2012 Apr; 20(1): 115-7
11. Lim C T, Tan Liza, Singh G, Nathan SS. Prospective Evaluation of Argon Gas Probe Delivery for Cryotherapy of Bone Tumors. Ann Acad Med Singapore. 2012 Aug; 41(8): 347-53
12. Lim C T, Wee J, Lee K T. Early Surgical Treatment of Pectoralis Major Tendon Rupture: A Case Report. Malaysian Orthopaedic Journal 2012 6 (4); 38-40
13. G Singh, Lim C T, Tan J H, Nathan S S. Evaluation of the Role and Cost-effectiveness of End-of-life Orthopaedic Interventions in Cancer Patients with Skeletal Metastases to the Hip. Journal of Palliative care 2013; Summer; 29(2): 83-90
14. Wong K L, A Nather, Shen L, Chang Z Y, Wong T C, Lim CT. Clinical Outcomes of Below Knee Amputations in Diabetic Foot Patients. Ann Acad Med Singapore 2013 Aug; 42(8): 388-94
15. Shuvendu P R, Lim C T, Tan K J. A Useful Surgical technique for Retrieval of a Broken Guide Pin in the Midfoot. J Foot Ankle Surg. 2013 Jul 18 S1067-2516
16. Lim C T, Ren X, Afizah, Tarigan-Panjaitan S, Wu Y, Chian K S, Mikos A G, Hui J H. Repair of Osteochondral Defects with Rehydrated Freeze-Dried Oligo[Poly(Ethylene Glycol)Fumarate] Hydrogels Seeded with Bone Marrow Mesenchymal Stem Cells in a Porcine Model. Tissue Eng Part A. 2013 Apr 26.
17. Lim K B L, Lim C T, Twang D K. Supracondylar Humeral Fractures in Children. Bone Joint J 2013 Sep; 95 B(9): 1290-4
18. Wee J, Sng B Y,Shen L, Lim C T, Singh G, Das De S. The relationship between body mass index and physical activity levels in relation to bone mineral density in premenopausal and postmenopausal women. Arch Osteoporos. 2013; 8 (1-2): 162
19. Lim C T, Singh G, Jonathan S B, Leng L S, Shen L, Awiszus F, Lohmann C H, Das De S. Mediolateral subchondral tibial bone mineral density difference does not predict osteoarthritis progression. Orthopedics. 2014 Ap; 37 (4): e351 – 6
20. Wong K L, Nather A, Chanyarungrojn A P, Shen L, Ong T E, ELangovan R D, Lim C T. Clinical outcomes of ray amputation in diabetic patients. Ann Acad Med Singapore. 2014 Aug; 43 (8): 428-32
21. Lim CT, Ng D Q K, Tan K J, Ramruttun A K, W Wang, D Y R chong. A biomechanical study of proximal tibia bone grafting through the lateral approach. Injury. 2016 Nov; 47 (11): 2407 – 2414
22. Han F, Lim CT, Lim JC, Tan BH, Shen L, Kumar VP. Deep branch of the radial nerve in lateral surgical approaches to the radial head – A cadaveric study. Orthop Traumatol Surg Res. 2016 Jun; 102(4): 453 – 8.
23. Han F, Pearce CJ, Ng DQ, Ramruttun AK, Chong DY, Murphy D, Lim CT, Lee BC. A double button adjustable loop device is biomechanically equivalent to tension band wire in the fixation of transverse patellar fractures-A cadaveric study. Injury. 2017 Feb;48(2):270-276
24. Lim CT, Ng DQK, Tan KJ, Ramruttun AK, Wang W, Chong DYR. A biomechanical study of proximal tibia bone grafting through the lateral approach. Injury. 2016 Nov;47(11):2407-2414
25. Sivananthan S*, Lim CT*, Narkbunnam R, Sox-Harris A, Huddleston JI 3rd, Goodman SB. Revision Hip Arthroplasty Using a Modular, Cementless Femoral Stem: Intermediate-Term Follow-Up. J Arthroplasty. 2017 Apr;32(4):1245-1249. * co-first authors
26. Lim CT, Amanatullah DF, Huddleston JI 3rd, Hwang KL, Maloney WJ, Goodman SB. Use of Cortical Strut Allograft After Extended Trochanteric Osteotomy in Revision Total Hip Arthroplasty. J Arthroplasty. 2017 May;32(5):1599-1605
27. Lim CT, Amanatullah DF, Huddleston JI 3rd, Hwang KL, Maloney WJ, Goodman SB. Cortical Strut Allograft Support of Modular Femoral Junctions During Revision Total Hip Arthroplasty. J Arthroplasty. 2017 May;32(5):1586-1592
28. Lim CT, Goodman SB, Huddleston JI 3rd, Harris AHS, Bhowmick S, Maloney WJ, Amanatullah DF. Weight Gain After Primary Total Knee Arthroplasty Is Associated With Accelerated Time to Revision for Aseptic Loosening. J Arthroplasty. 2017 Jul;32(7):2167-2170
29. Lim CT, Amanatullah DF, Huddleston JI 3rd, Harris AHS, Hwang KL, Maloney WJ, Goodman SB. Reconstruction of Disrupted Extensor Mechanism After Total Knee Arthroplasty. J Arthroplasty. 2017 May 11.
30. Lim CT, Goodman SB, Huddleston JI 3rd, Harris AHS, Bhowmick S, Maloney WJ, Amanatullah DF. Response to Letter to the Editor on “Weight Gain After Primary Total Knee Arthroplasty is Associated With Accelerated Time to Revision for Aseptic Loosening”. J Arthroplasty. 2017 Jun 16
31. Lim CT, Goodman SB, Huddleston JI 3rd, Harris AHS, Bhowmick S, Maloney WJ, Amanatullah DF. Smoking is associated with earlier time to revision of total knee arthroplasty. Knee. 2017 Aug 7
32. Han F, Chin BYY, Tan BHM, Lim CT, Kumar VP. Clinical outcomes of the reverse McLaughlin procedure for Hill-Sachs lesions in anterior shoulder instability. J Orthop Surg (Hong Kong). 2019 Jan-Apr;27(1)
33. Ng DQK, Lim CT, Ramruttun AK, Tan KJ, Wang W, Chong DYR. Biomechanical analysis of proximal tibia bone grafting and the effect of the size of osteotomy using a validated finite element model. Med Biol Eng Comput. 2019 Aug;57(8):1823-1832
34. Hanif M, Wang C, Lim CT, Noor SS. Fate of the Retained Acetabular Component During Revision Total Hip Arthroplasty: A Meta-Analysis and Systematic Review. J Arthroplasty. 2019 Oct 4.
35. Moideen ISM, Lim CT, Yeow RCH, Chong DYR. Finite element analysis of bone-prosthesis interface micromotion for cementless talar component fixation through critical loading conditions. Int J Numer Method Biomed Eng. 2020 Jan.
© 2022, The Orthopaedic Practice and Surgery. All Rights Reserved.